Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekend Recap

First of all, I LOVE the Christmas season. I love Christmas decorations, Christmas songs, baking Christmas goodies, and doing Christmas crafts. I feel like it was just Thanksgiving and the Christmas season is already flying by. I know everybody says that, but this has probably been the quickest it has gone for me. Life has been so hectic lately with something to do every weekend that I feel like I can't just sit down and enjoy this season. However, there will be many more holiday seasons to share with my family, and hopefully ones that will be a lot more relaxed that I am not too worried about it. This weekend we had a Christmas party to go to for the boys. Their babysitter throws a party for the kiddos every year. They draw names for who they will buy a gift for and exchange gifts. The babysitter also buys a gift for each of the kids. Brantley and Austin are very blessed to have her! Brantley had a great time playing with his friends and opening presents. This is the first year that he really understands what presents are and was super excited. Austin of course had no idea what was going on and was perfectly content to be held and chew on his fingers (his new favorite thing as he is already teething).

On Sunday my hubby surprised me with tickets to go see the Hunger Games. This was our first date since Austin was born. It was WAY over due, but with Jason working weekends it is hard to find time to get away. This was also the first movie we have been to in years, seriously. We would rather cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie than go to the theater, but for Hunger Games I could not wait until it came out on DVD to see it. I love these movies. They are so good! I don't know how I am going to wait until 2014 to see the third one! I guess I will just have to read the books.

Brantley and his friends at the Christmas Party


Me and the boys cuddling on the couch on a super rainy Saturday

This is the last week of work before the break and I am SO ready. It is a 4 day week filled with holiday themed activities/parties and a field trip to a UGA basketball game. Not too bad of a way to end the year before the break. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment